We are delighted to be supporting our client in their search for a Technical Lead Engineer.
Based in the UK, less than 30 minutes south of London Gatwick airport, our client has 25 years of experience in flight training, flight simulation engineering and aviation expertise. Our client is UK CAA / EASA accredited and offers pilot training courses for both individuals looking to start their commercial aviation careers and airlines seeking to establish reliable, best in class pilot pipelines.
Responsible for the day to day running and proactive maintenance of four commercial Full Flight Simulators (FFS)based at our Burgess Hill Training Facility. The Technical Lead Engineers role involves both the leadership and training of more Junior Technicians and Engineers, as well as communication with Flight Crews and Instructor Pilots on a daily basis; so, a confident and dynamic communicator is required.
This role also acts as the primary lead during a shift, with a focus on the management of others and the resolution of technical issues.
This role involves working a four-on-four off work pattern, alternating between early and late shifts per four-day block. Shift hours are 0700 1900 or 1900 0700. Work pattern may be changed at any time to meet the Company and customer needs. Flexibility in the approach to working is a key requirement for this role. The role covers currently a 24 x 7 working pattern.
This role reports to the Simulator Maintenance Manager.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Minimum 5 years Aviation Simulator Engineering experience
- Detailed understanding of Electrical / Electronic & Avionic systems.
- Working knowledge of electrical motion and control loading systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of simulation software systems.
- Experience of working on Boeing and/or Airbus simulators (Advantageous)
- Previous Leadership experience gained in the development and implementation of labour loading and manning schedules. (Advantageous)
- HNC/HND in aircraft related discipline (Distinctive Advantage)
- Excellent Salary
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- 7% Company pension contribution
- Medical Insurance
- Death in service 4 x annual salary
1 X Online or face to face interview
Second Interview face to face